I went away for 10 days.
I did this:
1. Wrangled four wonderful friends and one wonderful husband. Not at the same time.
2. Cooked an amazing cake, an amazing risotto, and some amazing marmalade. Yes, I DO have a strong ego about cooking, don't I?
3. Slept, and slept, and slept. Lots.
4. Didn't get a horrible chest infection in spite of leaving with a toxic sore throat *boggles*.
5. Did excellent texting with my darling dorter.
6. Enjoyed lots of sea and forest views, and scents, and rain thereon, and wind above. It was grand.
7. Watched a small boy happily eat sand. Nom nom!
8. Learned two new knitting/crochet skills. Yeah!
9. Didn't really miss email, computer games or Facebook. Sacrilege, but true.
10. Dreaded coming home to no Maccy, but did it anyway. Came home to Wendy, who was delightful. Never underestimate the velvety purrfection of a small black whirlwind.
11. Made the house instantly cosy with the first fire of the season.
I did a whole lot of other stuff, like walks, and singing, and fixing furnitures in the old house, and measuring windows, and thinking I should get on with the painting but not do it. And dusting up to parent standard. Except I stopped halfway cos my back hurt. They coped (they came down to take over the house when we left). Hi dad!
Do you notice a major omission from that list?
Go on, look harder....
Yeah!!!! No doctors, chemists, physios, snake oil merchants or allied health care of any type, kind, sort or quantity. WHAT A RELIEF.
Note to self: do this more. And more...
Today brought to you by lingering eau-de-coast. a touch of coffee, and the smell of apple gum burning.
7 hours ago